IPM celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2015, and once again invites you to celebrate yet another landmark: IPM 60th Annual Convention & Exhibition.
Doing things slightly differently this year, IPM will stage the Annual Convention & Exhibition in the heart of Gauteng – at Emperor’s Palace – and invites you to join an illustrious panel of distinguished local and international speakers, guests, fellow HR Professionals, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Officials as well as young, energetic, out-of-the-box-visionaries who are our modern business leaders.
Background About The IPM Convention
The IPM Convention is Africa’s premier HR and Business Leadership event, hosted annually since 1956. The convention is a three-day cutting edge, content rich conference with hands-on workshops and exhibitions showcasing the leading business solution providers in the People Management field.
It is an event where professionals and business leaders from private and public sectors share a common platform, to explore topical issues, seek solutions to business challenges and network for business opportunities and personal growth. HR stakeholders and business leaders engage on issues and challenges as well as exchange views on innovative approaches around latest development trends in the field of people management and business leadership.
The convention provides opportunities for sponsors and exhibitors to brand their organizations and market their products and services to a captive audience of HR professionals and business executives from both the private and the public sectors.
The IPM Annual Convention and Exhibition has been rated amongst the best globally by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The Convention provides speakers with an opportunity to increase their professional profile, to network and to build business connections with HR Professionals and Business Executives from the public and private sectors. You can also attend any of the programme line up to hear from other local and international experts.
The Institute of People Management (IPM) is a SAQA-recognised professional body totally dedicated to promoting and supporting excellent practice in people management and development. We provide a portal of knowledge and tools for strategic people development and leadership, to contribute to growth, profitability and sustainability of business. We are the oldest Human Resource professional body in Africa, and a founding member of the African Human Resource Confederation (AHRC). Through its membership of the AHRC, IPM is affiliated to the World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA) www.wfpma.com.
Some of the topics to be covered:
- What are the business models of the future?
- Jobs of the future
- How great businesses approach human capital: 2016 Deloitte Human Capital Trends
- From Disorder and Disruption – The Rise of the Machine
- Business-Labour Relations challenges facing SA and proactive strategies needed to mitigate these
- The Science of Talent Management: Behavioural Literacy
- Leadership lessons from Marikana
- The intrinsic value of a great culture
- Job creation through skills development
- Social Media & Corporate Reputational Risk
- New Learning Culture
- Guarding against obsolescence in learning & development
- Who are your Game Changers? Game Changing HR – Game Changing Organisations
- Utilising disruptive technologies in HR
- Become an ‘Outperformer’: Be prepared for the fourth Industrial Revolution and make sure that the investment in HR becomes an international best practice
- Capitalising on the 4th Industrial Revolution Opportunities in Africa
- Talent Management in Emerging Markets
- The Houston Method – An in depth look at employee engagement
- HR – Gearing the world for the 4th Industrial Revolution, with Great Leadership and Great Culture for Great Businesses.
View/download the conference programme here.
Date: 13 – 16 November 2016
Venue: Emperors Palace – Johannesburg
For bookings, please click here.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
South Africa: +27 11 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289