The impact of the future tax treatment of income earned by South Africans while they are living and working abroad has been widely publicised. It has also contributed to the first publication of its kind that deals with the tax considerations of South Africans abroad or those with international interests, and foreigners working and living […]
Entries by Remunerationconsultants
The role of job evaluation, also referred to as Job grading is still poorly understood in the corporate sector. Job evaluation give companies the information they need to fairly, accurately and competitively determine the salaries of staff – amongst many other functions, says Janine O’Riley, Psychometrist & Reward Specialist at Remuneration Consultants.
There are extremely good reasons for South African expatriates and their employers to be deeply confused and uncertain on “the expat tax”. There are simply too many differentiating views in the market, often punted from a conflicted business perspective. What aggravates this the vast number of professionals, and even expatriates themselves, who believe that tax […]
With the effective date drawing closer, South African expatriates and their employers have little time to come to grips with the looming “expat tax” and how it will affect them when it comes into effect on 1 March 2020. Those who fail to understand this tax amendment that will bring considerable change to the South […]
Remuneration Consultants is sponsoring this year’s SARA Connect Conference at the Wanderers Club in Illovo, Johannesburg. This promises to be another highly acclaimed event, with top quality speakers covering relevant and current topics in the remuneration and reward fields.
We shared information with you previously regarding the critical aspects of the new revised EEA4 regulations. The objective of the EEA4 Form is ‘to collect information for the assessment of the remuneration gap between the highest paid and the lowest paid employees and, at the same time, to assess inequalities in remuneration’.
The Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) delivered a judgment on 6 September 2019 that handed SARS one of their most influential wins in recent times. The SARS Commissioner did not pull any punches and took BMW South Africa to task on tax services performed for their expatriates by their top tier advisors KPMG and PWC. […]
For some time now, there has been murmurs of a tax revolt amongst South African taxpayers. For too many reasons to mention, South African taxpayers, sometimes publicly, contemplate the notion of disregarding their tax obligations. The SARS Commissioner has taken note of the pervasive disillusionment amongst taxpayers and noted his concern at this year’s Tax […]
During tax season, citizens will flock to the South African Revenue Service’s (SARS) branches to submit their annual tax returns. However, when doing so, some people always focus on remuneration tax and forget about other deductions.
SARS Commissioner, Edward Kieswetter, has used the South African Institute of Tax Professionals’ Tax Indaba as a platform to fire a shot across the bow, letting taxpayers know that non-compliance will be met with the full force of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA). The Commissioner has allied himself with the NPA and concluded a new […]
57 Sloane Street
+27 11 467 0810
In the News
- NEWS | ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EXPAT TAX IS NOW IN ONE PLACE11/07/2019 - 17:15
- NEWS | JOB EVALUATION 101: WHAT IS IT AND WHY DO BUSINESSES NEED IT?11/05/2019 - 11:37
- NEWS | EXPATRIATE TAX – LEXISNEXIS PUBLISHES DEFINITIVE GUIDE10/31/2019 - 16:12
- NEWS | COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE NOW AVAILABLE TO ADDRESS EXPAT TAX10/31/2019 - 16:02
- EVENTS | REMUNERATION CONSULTANTS SPONSORS 2019 SARA CONFERENCE10/29/2019 - 08:18
- Can we use standard pay scales in the form of a regressed market for remuneration management?06/27/2016 - 12:07
- What are the key considerations when attempting to comply with “Equal Pay for work of equal value”?06/27/2016 - 12:06
- How do I optimally structure travel allowances for employees?06/27/2016 - 12:04
- How does a Total Reward Statement (TRS) enhance my company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)?06/27/2016 - 12:03
- What advantages does CTC with flexible benefits have for my staff and company?06/27/2016 - 12:02