Basic Remuneration Workshop
We are the first to be accredited through the South African Reward Association, to provide training on our Basic Remuneration Workshop.
The Basic Remuneration Workshop is a two (2) day workshop that will provide delegates with a comprehensive overview on the latest remuneration practices and principles. The workshop has been designed to provide practical knowledge and know-how on best practice around job design, creating pay scales, job evaluation, Cost-to-Company conversions and total reward statements. A part of the course is also underpinned by how to deal with employment equity issues specifically relating to reward. The workshop is ideally suited for Reward Analysts, those entrants to the reward profession and anyone who needs to upskill on the latest methodologies of reward.
The workshop is structured to focus on three different areas –
- Elements of a remuneration structure and the importance in the total rewards design. The concepts and elements of total rewards are broadly explained but the focus is then placed on remuneration (fixed and variable) and the different fixed/guaranteed remuneration structures;
- Job design. Job profiling, job grading and specifically the Paterson job grading procedure is explained. The workshop continues to explain how to establish a job worth hierarchy from the grading of positions into either a composite or job family/functional area structure.
- Structured remuneration and benefits system. This part of the workshop discusses the importance of structure in the reward system; from articulating the company reward philosophy and strategy to developing the reward program policies. During this section of the workshop emphasis is placed on selecting and understanding remuneration and benefits surveys, basic remuneration related statistical concepts as well as pay scale design and management.
The fees for the workshop are outlined below:
- Non-SARA Member – R4 280.00 (excluding VAT per delegate);
- SARA Member – R3 480.00 (excluding VAT per delegate);
- Group Discount – Register 4 delegates from your company and get the 5th seat for free.
Please note that if registration is not cancelled at least 5 days before the 2 day workshop or if a delegate is a ‘No Show’ they will be held liable for the full fee.
If you or any persons within your organisation you would like to attend this workshop, please provide us with the information requested below and we will keep you posted on available workshop dates, alternatively please contact Paul Marais on 073 222 5127.