The ability for employees and business owners to pre-tax structure their relatives’ school and tertiary education fees remains one of the few available but seldom used tax planning opportunities.
Hard skills are easy to quantify in the workplace and at home: either you know how to program software, or you don’t. Either you understand how to design a stellar spreadsheet, or you don’t.
Last week we were asked what Mr Edward Kieswetter’s first actions should be when he takes over the reins at SARS on 1 May. The answer for us was a no-brainer, crack down on those implicated in the State Capture Inquiry, starting with the beans spilled on Bosasa.
Newly appointed tax commissioner Edward Kieswetter has hinted at the regime he plans on implementing at the embattled Receiver from 1 May 2019. In short, the “tax holiday is over”. The sheriff is ready to clean up the town.
They may experience feelings of powerlessness and, subconsciously, being betrayed by the organisation to which they offered their allegiance.
ZONDO COMMISSION WILL DELIVER FOR KIESWETTER A DREAM START The President has entrusted Edward Kieswetter as the new Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service. Boasting a stately CV and with an impressive track record, the Commissioner certainly looks to be the right man for the job under normal circumstances. But these are extraordinary times […]
For those who have been subjected to a SARS audit, it may be hard to imagine a reality where this experience can be any more agonising. If this resonates with you, perhaps consider a world where SARS makes you pay for the resources it had to expend in putting you through this ordeal. The truth […]
The Tax Court judgment in XYZ CC v C:SARS (ITC 13 868) (“XYZ case”) was recently delivered as a stern reminder to taxpayers who only follow the objection process as a method to purposely delay the payment of tax, where there appears to be no valid basis to do so.
Starting line up It is quite the spectacle. Whether it’s the Cricket, Rugby or Football World Cup, the buzz and excitement of a host of countries coming together to compete for what is the ultimate top honour in that sporting discipline, carries with it a frenzy of activity. Spectators come out in their droves to […]
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
+27 11 467 0810
In the News
- NEWS | EMPLOYEE BURSARY BENEFITS BECOMING POPULAR INCENTIVE AMONG COMPANIESMay 16, 2019 - 2:30 pm
- NEWS | 10 SOFT SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE AGE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCEMay 14, 2019 - 10:48 am
- NEWS | SIX SARS AUDIT TIPS FOR THE CAPTUREDMay 2, 2019 - 1:33 pm
- NEWS | A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWNApril 16, 2019 - 7:16 am
- NEWS | MOTIVATING “SURVIVING” EMPLOYEES WITH BENEFITS AFTER RETRENCHMENTApril 10, 2019 - 9:26 am
- Can we use standard pay scales in the form of a regressed market for remuneration management?June 27, 2016 - 12:07 pm
- What are the key considerations when attempting to comply with “Equal Pay for work of equal value”?June 27, 2016 - 12:06 pm
- How do I optimally structure travel allowances for employees?June 27, 2016 - 12:04 pm
- How does a Total Reward Statement (TRS) enhance my company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)?June 27, 2016 - 12:03 pm
- What advantages does CTC with flexible benefits have for my staff and company?June 27, 2016 - 12:02 pm