The ability for employees and business owners to pre-tax structure their relatives’ school and tertiary education fees remains one of the few available but seldom used tax planning opportunities.
About Remuneration Consultants
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Remuneration Consultants contributed a whooping 43 entries.
Entries by Remuneration Consultants
Hard skills are easy to quantify in the workplace and at home: either you know how to program software, or you don’t. Either you understand how to design a stellar spreadsheet, or you don’t.
Newly appointed tax commissioner Edward Kieswetter has hinted at the regime he plans on implementing at the embattled Receiver from 1 May 2019. In short, the “tax holiday is over”. The sheriff is ready to clean up the town.
They may experience feelings of powerlessness and, subconsciously, being betrayed by the organisation to which they offered their allegiance.
ZONDO COMMISSION WILL DELIVER FOR KIESWETTER A DREAM START The President has entrusted Edward Kieswetter as the new Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service. Boasting a stately CV and with an impressive track record, the Commissioner certainly looks to be the right man for the job under normal circumstances. But these are extraordinary times […]
For those who have been subjected to a SARS audit, it may be hard to imagine a reality where this experience can be any more agonising. If this resonates with you, perhaps consider a world where SARS makes you pay for the resources it had to expend in putting you through this ordeal. The truth […]
The Tax Court judgment in XYZ CC v C:SARS (ITC 13 868) (“XYZ case”) was recently delivered as a stern reminder to taxpayers who only follow the objection process as a method to purposely delay the payment of tax, where there appears to be no valid basis to do so.
Starting line up It is quite the spectacle. Whether it’s the Cricket, Rugby or Football World Cup, the buzz and excitement of a host of countries coming together to compete for what is the ultimate top honour in that sporting discipline, carries with it a frenzy of activity. Spectators come out in their droves to […]
During the delivery of the 2019 Budget speech, the Minister – Tito Mboweni – spoke about six fundamental prescripts in this year’s budget, one of them being Increasing tax collection. In increasing tax collection, he talked about Tax revenue and raising SARS’ capacity – the following was addressed on this topic:
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
+27 11 467 0810
In the News
- NEWS | RETRENCHMENT MISTAKES EMPLOYERS MUST AVOIDJune 12, 2019 - 11:44 am
- TAX FILING SEASON – HERE ARE SOME CHANGES FROM SARSJune 10, 2019 - 8:10 am
- MASSIVE JUMP IN THE NUMBER OF SOUTH AFRICANS APPLYING TO FINANCIALLY EMIGRATEJune 7, 2019 - 8:43 am
- NEWS | TAX FILING SEASON: DON’T MISS OUT ON YOUR TAX RETURNJune 5, 2019 - 8:43 am
- NEWS | BE READY FOR SARS’ KNOCK ON YOUR DOORJune 3, 2019 - 10:01 am
- Can we use standard pay scales in the form of a regressed market for remuneration management?June 27, 2016 - 12:07 pm
- What are the key considerations when attempting to comply with “Equal Pay for work of equal value”?June 27, 2016 - 12:06 pm
- How do I optimally structure travel allowances for employees?June 27, 2016 - 12:04 pm
- How does a Total Reward Statement (TRS) enhance my company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)?June 27, 2016 - 12:03 pm
- What advantages does CTC with flexible benefits have for my staff and company?June 27, 2016 - 12:02 pm