Hard skills are easy to quantify in the workplace and at home: either you know how to program software, or you don’t. Either you understand how to design a stellar spreadsheet, or you don’t.
About Remuneration Consultants
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Remuneration Consultants contributed a whooping 42 entries.
Entries by Remuneration Consultants
Newly appointed tax commissioner Edward Kieswetter has hinted at the regime he plans on implementing at the embattled Receiver from 1 May 2019. In short, the “tax holiday is over”. The sheriff is ready to clean up the town.
They may experience feelings of powerlessness and, subconsciously, being betrayed by the organisation to which they offered their allegiance.
ZONDO COMMISSION WILL DELIVER FOR KIESWETTER A DREAM START The President has entrusted Edward Kieswetter as the new Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service. Boasting a stately CV and with an impressive track record, the Commissioner certainly looks to be the right man for the job under normal circumstances. But these are extraordinary times […]
For those who have been subjected to a SARS audit, it may be hard to imagine a reality where this experience can be any more agonising. If this resonates with you, perhaps consider a world where SARS makes you pay for the resources it had to expend in putting you through this ordeal. The truth […]
The Tax Court judgment in XYZ CC v C:SARS (ITC 13 868) (“XYZ case”) was recently delivered as a stern reminder to taxpayers who only follow the objection process as a method to purposely delay the payment of tax, where there appears to be no valid basis to do so.
Starting line up It is quite the spectacle. Whether it’s the Cricket, Rugby or Football World Cup, the buzz and excitement of a host of countries coming together to compete for what is the ultimate top honour in that sporting discipline, carries with it a frenzy of activity. Spectators come out in their droves to […]
During the delivery of the 2019 Budget speech, the Minister – Tito Mboweni – spoke about six fundamental prescripts in this year’s budget, one of them being Increasing tax collection. In increasing tax collection, he talked about Tax revenue and raising SARS’ capacity – the following was addressed on this topic:
The reports released in 2018 November indicates that 1 of 3 cigarettes sold in South Africa is illegal. The cost of illegal cigarette cost about R50-60 per carton while the legal cigarette sold locally in South Africa cost R250 per carton. Consumption of illegal tobacco keeps increasing and this is due to their selling price
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
+27 11 467 0810
In the News
- NEWS | EXPAT TAX – SUPREME COURT OF APPEAL HANDS SARS BIG WIN OVER BMW AND THEIR BIG 4 ADVISORSSeptember 13, 2019 - 1:47 am
- NEWS | THE TAX REVOLT IS ALREADY IN FULL SWINGSeptember 11, 2019 - 10:33 am
- NEWS | DON’T FORGET THESE DEDUCTIONS WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR TAX RETURNSSeptember 3, 2019 - 7:22 am
- NEWS | SARS DECLARES WAR ON NON-COMPLIANCEAugust 28, 2019 - 6:12 am
- NEWS | WHEN TAX PLANNING BECOMES TAX AVOIDANCE – EXPERTS WEIGH INAugust 22, 2019 - 6:16 am
- Can we use standard pay scales in the form of a regressed market for remuneration management?June 27, 2016 - 12:07 pm
- What are the key considerations when attempting to comply with “Equal Pay for work of equal value”?June 27, 2016 - 12:06 pm
- How do I optimally structure travel allowances for employees?June 27, 2016 - 12:04 pm
- How does a Total Reward Statement (TRS) enhance my company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)?June 27, 2016 - 12:03 pm
- What advantages does CTC with flexible benefits have for my staff and company?June 27, 2016 - 12:02 pm