During the delivery of the 2019 Budget speech, the Minister – Tito Mboweni – spoke about six fundamental prescripts in this year’s budget, one of them being Increasing tax collection. In increasing tax collection, he talked about Tax revenue and raising SARS’ capacity – the following was addressed on this topic:
About Remuneration Consultants
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Remuneration Consultants contributed a whooping 34 entries.
Entries by Remuneration Consultants
The reports released in 2018 November indicates that 1 of 3 cigarettes sold in South Africa is illegal. The cost of illegal cigarette cost about R50-60 per carton while the legal cigarette sold locally in South Africa cost R250 per carton. Consumption of illegal tobacco keeps increasing and this is due to their selling price
As global warming is increasing rapidly, the world has turned to renewable energy to try and decrease our carbon use and harmful gasses. Global warming might not have been the only reason for South Africa to consider renewable energy- as this topic comes to light with the current Eskom crisis.
Freedom of Movement When government struggle to meet its revenue estimates and projections fall short in three of its four main tax revenue instruments, proposals to increase the tax base are raised; and in this year’s budget speech, the Minister has looked to a fuel levy increase yet again.
An employee’s remuneration package was once carved in stone, consisting of their pay and some standard benefits, like medical aid and pension. However, things are quite different these days, with employers hoping to offer better rewards that entice top talent to join their organisations and stay longer. Here, we share our views on what workers […]
With the 2018 tax filing season having come and gone, several taxpayers got in contact with us after receiving a nasty surprise on their income tax assessment.
Running errands, doing collections and deliveries, sourcing supplies and materials, and liaising with suppliers and customers? It’s all in a day’s work for employers and employees of small businesses.
What can be done to remunerate employees better? The simple answer is plenty. Yet many employers do not get the most out of employee package structuring. This is one of those areas where there are “too many experts”, and correctly so, as this spans the professional functionality of remuneration specialists, tax advisors, auditors, financial planners […]
Employee Children Bursaries – Tax Saving Structuring The ability for employees and business owners to pre-tax structure their children’s school and university fees, remain one of the few available, but seldom used tax planning opportunities. This is the only tax break allowed on private expenses and have been extended in the 2017/18 Budget Speech. The […]
Increase of the Scale of Benefits The Unemployment Insurance Amendment Act, No. 10 of 2016 (“the Act”), is aimed at having a positive effect on the country’s labour force. Furthermore, there are likely to be positive effects on the economy as well. The Act will see those who lose their jobs receive money for a […]
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
+27 11 467 0810
In the News
- 2019 Budget Speech: Systems set in place- revenue collections.February 21, 2019 - 4:32 pm
- Tax Revenue and Raising SARS’ CapacityFebruary 21, 2019 - 3:54 pm
- Budget Speech 2019: Illicit Economy UnitFebruary 21, 2019 - 3:11 pm
- Budget Speech 2019 : Renewable Energy and Carbon Tax – Key to Eskom’s Salvation?February 21, 2019 - 12:47 pm
- 2019 Budget Speech: Fuel Levy hikeFebruary 21, 2019 - 9:49 am
- Can we use standard pay scales in the form of a regressed market for remuneration management?June 27, 2016 - 12:07 pm
- What are the key considerations when attempting to comply with “Equal Pay for work of equal value”?June 27, 2016 - 12:06 pm
- How do I optimally structure travel allowances for employees?June 27, 2016 - 12:04 pm
- How does a Total Reward Statement (TRS) enhance my company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)?June 27, 2016 - 12:03 pm
- What advantages does CTC with flexible benefits have for my staff and company?June 27, 2016 - 12:02 pm